Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July Scrapstasher Projects! Miss Tracy's "Float Art" Frames!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
What do you get when you combine a wood frame, a variety of buttons and beads, some scrap papers, and a little adhesive??? A fabulous Scrapstasher Project of course!!!  Here is a look at the projects I designed to inspire us at our July LBH Scrapstasher Workshops.  I call them "Float Art" Frames!
This frame features some beautiful scrap pieces of paper from the Fashionista paper collection by Graphic 45 and a large variety of Red buttons. I painted the frame first and then decoupaged my scrap papers on to the frame using Mod Podge. Now take a look at the heart...See how the button heart appears to be floating??  To achieve this look, simply draw, cut, or trace the desired shape that you want for your Float Art piece. In this case, I drew a heart.  Now take your glass from the frame and lay the template underneath the glass. Miss Tracy's Tip: If you have a frame but not the glass, you can used a sheet of acrylic and cut it down to the desired size you need. (We sell these lightweight acrylic sheets at the LBH for $1.79 for a 12x12 sheet)

Now, use a liquid adhesive like Glossy Accents and add a dab onto each button and start laying them within your template. Use a variety of shapes and sizes. Try to keep the adhesive behind the button only so when you finish, it will appear that your button heart is floating in the center of your frame.

Add a little more detail to your art piece by applying a rub on sentiment or word.  Rub Ons love glass and acrylic surfaces and are super-easy to apply!

Here is another project that I created using the same idea but this time I used chipboard letters as my templates to create the word "art". Take a look...  
 This time I kicked it up a notch and applied the Glossy Accents to the entire area. Next, I applied my buttons and then sprinkled over the rest with coordinating beads and a few micro beads. I love the way it looks...and again, it was so fun and easy!

I was having such a good time creating my Float Art Projects and I just couldn't stop...Take a look at this Float Art Frame!
This frame features papers from our Front Porch Kit "One Sunny Day". I love the papers for this Beach inspired Art Piece. This time I added a swirl stamp over my papers. I used a Prima Foam Stamp and white paint.  To continue with my Beachy theme, I filled my floating heart with assorted shells...
I filled the area with Glossy Accents and then placed my larger shells in first, like the sand dollar, star fish, etc. I then sprinkled crushed shells over all the rest.  I just love how it turned out! The camera doesn't pick it up very well but the crushed shells really have a reflective finish.

All of these projects are on display at the Little Blue House. Stop by and check them out and while you're there sign up for our August Scrapstasher Workshops. The cost is only $5 to attend.

Join me
Tuesday, August 9th
10a-Noon
6:30p-8:30p

Want to see some more "Float Art" frames??
Check out my blog ... I posted some fellow Stashers frames that were created yesterday. You will see that any image can become float art...crosses, butterflies, and even a bird!

Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad I missed now.... :D shame on me.. great projects Miss Tracy hope to see you next month ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!