Saturday, November 10, 2012

Miss T's Pickers Project

Do you like to give "new" life to "old" things?? If so, you will want to join me and fellow Picker's at the LBH for my Picker's project...

Miss T's Pickers Project
November: Menu Board or Message Center

In this month's Pickers Get-Together, we will be altering old cabinet doors with a unique, distress painting technique, cork, chalk board paper, ribbon and trim. To add some wonderful charm and character to our altered doors, we will be adorning them with old silverware and wine corks. 


I designed mine to go in my kitchen and plan to use it as a Menu Board and Message Center. The kitchen seems to be "command central" at my house so I think it will get much use. I really wanted it to be functional but wanted to "spice" it up a bit in true "Pickers" style...I just love how it turned out! ...and I know you will love your's too! Hope you will make plans to join this fun creative group of Pickers and I promise to help you through your Board transformation every step of the way!

Wed. 11/14 10am-1pm and Sat. 11/24 10am-1pm
Cost: $15
Instructor: Miss Tracy 

Here are the items you will need to "pick" up and 
bring with you to this month's meeting:
Cabinet Door (please sand and prime door if needed before coming to class)
Old Silverware and a few Wine Corks
Paint - two colors & two brushes
Helmar 450 Tacky Glue
E6000 Adhesive
Ribbon & Trim that coordinate with your color scheme
Scissors & Pencil
Long piece of twine, jute or ribbon and a piece of chalk
Cork Board (available to purchase at LBH)
1 sheet of Chalk Board Paper (available to purchase at LBH)
I'll provide the other supplies that you will need :)

I will have a few cabinet doors, silverware, loads of wine corks at the LBH and will be available to purchase while supplies last. Stop by to reserve your seat or give us a call at (817) 431-7930.
 Let us know if you have any questions.

Keep Creating,
Miss Tracy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!