Saturday, February 21, 2015

Be Inspired : Dear Lizzy's Serendipity- Die-Cut Tutorial

Hi---Valerie here!!  
I was thrilled to receive the die-cut set from the
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Collection to try out!
Using die-cuts are one of my favorite ways to make my embellishments customized to whatever project I am working on. And I love when I can use parts of the die-cut pieces in different way like I did with my favorite piece in the Dear Lizzy Set - the fringe piece (It looks like a comb!)!!
I first used it the way it is intended to be used - as the center of the flowers that are part of the set. You simply roll the fringe up and then spread the ends out to look like the stamens of a flower. For this run roll up flower, I first die-cut the pieces and then edged all the pieces with a pink Wink of Stella glitter brush before rolling them into the flower. I haven't decided yet where I'll use it, but it will be a gorgeous embellishment edition to whatever I use it on!
I used it next as the actual fringe at the bottom of my tag
I just cut two pieces and then layered them one on top of each other to create the fringe.
I also used the layered flower and leaves from the set on my tag. I used the Wink of Stella pink glitter brush on this flower too - I love the subtle glimmer it gives the flower!
Here is a list of the supplies I used that you can find on The Little Blue House online store where you can order them:


Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great day!! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area...
Come out and see us at Scrapbook Expo this weekend!
It's being held at the Gaylord Texan Hotel in Grapevine! We have a Little Blue Booth at the Show full of great products and LBH Kits to purchase.
We also have Free Make & Takes and Demos
going on all through out the day in our booth! :)

If you are visiting for the show, The Little Blue House is also open tomorrow (Sat 2/21) from 10am-5pm
we are located about 20 minutes away from Grapevine!
118 W.Olive Street Keller, TX 76248
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the flower that you made for your tag with the "Dear Lizzy" dies! Dies are just what you need for cute embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!