Saturday, July 25, 2015

Diving Into the Beach Party Mini Kit from Echo Park

Well it's me Susan Liles here, and I have a fun layout to share today using the summer-y BEACH PARTY MINI KIT from Echo Park Each kit contains 6 12x12 Double-sided papers and a 6x12 Element Sticker Sheet.
http://www.echoparkpaper.com/collections/mini-themes/images/beach-party/SW5705_Beach_Party_Collection_Kit_F.jpg
I love the fun primary colors and all the patterns included in the kit.  They are perfect for layering and are easy to mix and match by just adding a couple of extra solid colors of plain cardstock which tends to break up the patterns just enough to create cohesiveness.  Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns, especially if they are all from the same collection!

I added a fun embellishment down the right side of my layout using some ribbon and a little plastic ring that is used a lot of times for sewing projects.

Once it was finished, I thought it kind of mimicked a bathing suit embellishments and that's where the inspiration came from.  Some of the other embellishments are simply the stickers that I used with pop dots on them for dimension.  (I hardly ever make a project without them!) Here's a little tutorial on how I made the embellishment: 

I started by pulling the ribbon through the ring.  Then I just folded it over a bit and used my tape runner to tack it down.

Then to make extra sure it wouldn't come loose, I used some Scotch tape and folded the edges in on the loose end and taped it down.

I repeated this on the other side of the ring so that two pieces of ribbon were attached to the ring.  You could completely encircle the ring for another type of look.  Who's going to try it?

Anyway, once I had it ready to go, I ran it along one side of my layout, folded the ends under my base page and taped the ribbon to the back of the layout.

Ok, I hope y'all make some waves about this BEACH PARTY MINI KIT!  I'm off to watch my DVR'd movie, Sharknado.  Catch some waves and stop by the store today to see this layout in person and grab your BEACH PARTY kit.

See y'all soon!  Susan L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!